Riosbo Ayahuasca Retreat & Research Center
The new Riosbo Retreat & Research Center is located in the heart of the Allpahuayo-Mishana National Reserve, along the bank of the Nanay river. The new center provides the highest level of comfort in one of the most beautiful locations in the jungle. The Mishana community lives nearby and most of the staff are members of the community. Its location on the Nanay river offers some breath taking views and the thirty year old ayahuasca vines growing on the property make this center an even more special place to explore the magical healing process of ayahuasca and plant medicine. We feel so blessed to have had all the pieces come together to create this incredible research and healing center. The funding for this project came through a generous grant from a charity in the United States called the Grant Town Foundation.
The new center can accommodate a total of 20 people in eight rooms, each with its own bathroom. However, for our healing retreats and empowerment courses we take a maximum of twelve participants and unless a room is shared with a friend, family member or partner, each program participant has a private room and bathroom. The bathrooms are fully tiled with sinks, flushing toilets, and showers with both hot and cold water. Each room is fully screened in and has full electricity with numerous outlets, fans, and overhead lights. The rooms open up to a shared balcony overlooking the river and feature private porches that look back into the jungle. One of the most comfortable accommodations in the area, it was designed so that no attention would be diverted away from the focus of everyone’s visit, their own deep and profound healing process. The Riosbo Ayahuasca Retreat & Research Center strives to provide the optimal level of care in the highest level of accommodation and the most beautiful environment possible.
In addition to the rooms, which are all located on the second floor of the center, there is also a kitchen, dining room, living room, massage room, consultation room, hammock area overlooking the courtyard, and yoga/meditation studio. The ceremony space, called the maloca, is fully screened and there are three bathrooms a very short distance away. A medicinal plant garden fills in the courtyard as well, providing a great way to connect with the plants. Just a one minute walk from the center is a white sand beach on the river for swimming and relaxing and well made trails go deep into the national reserve for hiking.
Research Center Amenities
- Located in the heart of the Allpahuayo-Mishana National Reserve
- Right on the bank of the beautiful Nanay river, ideal for swimming
- White sand beaches with therapeutic clay along the river
- A short distance from the Mishana community who have lived there for 90 years
- Very few mosquitoes due to the soil content of the nearby river
- Rooms are fully screened in and additional mosquito nets cover the beds
- Rooms have beds, desks, chairs, night stands, and shelves for storing clothes
- Solar panels provide electricity for lights and outlets in the rooms
- Each room has its own private, en suite bathroom with running water
- Bathrooms are fully tiled and feature showers with both hot and cold water
- Raised floors with bridges connect all the areas of the center
- Living/Dining area with couches and a library of books and games
- Hammock hut with hammocks overlooking the courtyard garden
- Rooms are cleaned every day by a hard working staff
- Laundry is done every day when needed
CLICK HERE for more information on our current research projects
Click on the images below to view larger