Riosbo Ayahuasca Research Center
The Ayahuasca Foundation has recently built a new ayahuasca research center located near our retreat center in the Allpahuayo-Mishana National Reserve. The new center is intended to provide the highest level of comfort in one of the most beautiful locations in the jungle. The Mishana community lives nearby and most of the staff are members of the community. Its location on the bank of the Nanay river offers some breath taking views and the thirty year old ayahuasca vines growing on the property make this center an even more special place to explore the complexities and mysteries of the healing process. We feel so blessed to have had all the pieces come together to create this incredible research and healing center. The funding for this project came through a generous and magical grant from a charity in the United States called the Grant Town Foundation.
The new center can accommodate a total of 20 people in eight rooms, each with its own bathroom. However, for our healing retreats and empowerment courses we will take just eight participants so that each person has a private room and bathroom. The bathrooms are fully tiled with sinks, flushing toilets, and showers with both hot and cold water. Each room is fully screened in and has full electricity with numerous outlets, fans, and overhead lights. The rooms open up to a shared balcony overlooking the river and feature private porches that look back into the jungle. It was our goal in constructing the center to offer program participants the most comfortable accommodations possible so that no attention would be diverted away from the focus of their visit, their own deep and profound healing process. The Riosbo Ayahuasca Research Center strives to provide the optimal level of care in the highest level of accommodation and the most beautiful environment possible.
In addition to the rooms, which are all located on the second floor of the research center, there is also a kitchen, dining room, living room, massage room, consultation room, hammock area overlooking the courtyard, and activity room. The ceremony space, called the maloca, is fully screened and there are three bathrooms a very short distance away. In the center of the courtyard stands a gorgeous pomorossa tree, which produces delicious fruit when in season. A medicinal plant garden fills in the courtyard as well, providing a great way to connect with the plants. Just a one minute walk from the center is a white sand beach on the river for swimming and relaxing and well made trails go deep into the national reserve for hiking.
Research Center Amenities
- Located in the heart of the Allpahuayo-Mishana National Reserve
- Right on the bank of the beautiful Nanay river, ideal for swimming
- White sand beaches with therapeutic clay along the river
- A short distance from the Mishana community who have lived there for 90 years
- Very few mosquitoes due to the soil content of the nearby river
- Rooms are fully screened in and so well made that no mosquito nets are needed
- Rooms have beds, desks, chairs, night stands, and shelves for storing clothes
- Solar panels provide electricity for lights and outlets in the rooms
- Each room has its own private, en suite bathroom with running water
- Bathrooms are fully tiled and feature showers with both hot and cold water
- Raised floors with bridges connect all the areas of the center
- Living/Dining area with couches and a library of books and games
- Hammock hut with hammocks overlooking the courtyard garden
- Rooms are cleaned every other day
- Laundry is done every four or five days
Click on the images below to view larger